BE A VOLUNTEER!
All through the year, Where Rainbows Meet welcomes international volunteers at the organisation in Vrygrond. As a volunteer, you will be a great help to the organisation and you will get an incredible life time experience and mentorship!
Life is what you make of it. That is something you will experience at Where Rainbows Meet as well. You are encouraged to use your own talents, implement your own ideas and take initiative. If you have an open mind and dare to try, then you will have a terrific time here.
Home Away from Home Accommodation:
- Our Home Away From Home homestay is Where Rainbows Meet's own in house accommodation and we pride ourselves on giving the our volunteers the best experience while in our care. Loving home environment with lots of banter and privacy.
What does our homestay accommodation include?
• Food (three meals a day)
• Airport pick-up and drop-off
• Full induction and orientation by an experienced staff member on arrival
• Transport to and from your work placement
• 24-hour support
• Emergency assistance
• Resources will be provided for workshops and other activities, please ensure you bring your own laptop along.
• Training and workshops together with our experienced local staff
• Community activities with other volunteers and interns
• Access to free to use WIFI at your workplace and homestay alike
• Recommendation letter at the end of your internship/volunteering
• Fundraising support, including your own personalized fundraising website
• Phycological support and advice
• Personalized Township Tour inclusive
What does our homestay accommodation not include?
Travel and medical insurance
What does it cost to stay and be a volunteer?
Work in the local community with people from the community where you will support and empower people from disadvantaged communities.
You’ll help local people to cope with the challenges they face every day, like poverty and high unemployment rates.
Empower people through various services and programmes that the organization offers.
- Start Dates: Completely flexible dates
- Minimum Duration: One Week
- Cost: 1650 USD or 1450 EURO per month for Accommodation and volunteering
- With International Development & Research at Where Rainbows Meet, students will pay a fee with the Homestay its all inclusive. Your volunteering will add valuable work experience to your CV, and you will be providing the interesting points to talk about in interviews and applications. You’ll also learn valuable skills that you can apply to any future career, like planning and adaptability.
You don’t need previous experience to join. You’ll work alongside experienced staff and other local and international volunteers alike. The staff will always be there for help and guidance at any time.
We have a really special volunteer who fell in love with Rainbows and decided to stay! Gillian Atkins from United Kingdom has been with us for the last 5 years and is huge part of our Sewing and Beading Women's project, doing most of our marketing in order to sell the garments made by the women from the community.
We need more Gill's to help grow this organization,
Thank you Ma Gill (As we call her)